Monday, May 6, 2013

The Prince {A Selection Novela}


The Prince (The Selection, #0.5)
The Prince by Kiera Cass
  Number of Pages: 64 (ebook) 128 (including the Elite teaser)
 Genre: Romance
 Books like it: The Selection, The Elite, Matched
 My Favorite Quote: "And that was how the Selection did its first act in my favor: if I had her here, at least I had the chance to try."
 Brief Synopsis from Goodreads:
 
Before thirty-five girls were chosen to compete in the Selection...

Before Aspen broke America's heart...

There was another girl in Prince Maxon's life...

Don't miss this thrilling 128-page original novella set in the world of the New York Times bestselling novel The Selection. Also features a teaser to The Elite, Kiera Cass's hotly anticipated sequel to The Selection.
 
 
My Summary:
Wow. This book was so short that it is not going to get much of a summary. I bought this as an e-book because a) it was only a dollar and I love a cheap read and b) I am a die hard Team Maxon. This book is perfect for Team Maxon readers, and don't get to over excited about the other girl in his life until you read the book. Well, here is the thing. I will be honest, I love the stuff Cass writes. But the first 20 pages or so were really BORING to me.... and maybe that just is not very nice but it is true.
Now, when you get to the part when the Selection actually starts, that is interesting. I liked hearing Maxon's thoughts about America and her beauty/attitude/stubbornness/love for the palace food. Read this book if you are Team Maxon, and as for the Aspen lovers, you are NOT right in the head. Sorry.
 
 
Pros: This book gave me some insight about how Maxon thinks and more about his life. I liked what he thought of America.
 
Cons: Boring start.
 
Review: 3 stars. Sorry, but it just wasn't that interesting for most of it for me. Oh well, I only lost a dollar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...