Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Day Two: REVIEW: The One You Love

16029043Okay, you guys know how much I hate giving a book five stars. Because if you give a book five stars, you are saying that this book is the most amazing thing ever and you highly encourage everyone to read it. If they do read it, you are setting them up to be highly disappointed.

I would do it. I would give this book five stars. I was so pleased with this book that I finished in one sitting, and that rarely happens to me. It's incredibly addicting and suspenseful, the writing style is fresh and intriguing, and there are so many plot twists that I never saw coming.

Emma Holden is having her bridesmaid party one week before her wedding when her brother calls her, informing her that her fiancĂ© has not yet showed up for his bachelor party, and he can't get into their flat. She rushes over and they run up the stairs only to find that Dan is gone, but someone is there in his place. It's Dan's brother, Richard, badly beaten and unconscious.

After days of calling Dan with no reply and little help from the police, Emma decides to take the case into her own hands in order to clear Dan's name. But doing such a thing is a dangerous game, and one that she doesn't have all the right cards to play.

Soon she finds that someone has been stalking her and taking pictures, guilt comes where she least suspects it, and even her own family members are hiding deep, dark secrets that could ruin them forever. And right in the midst of all this chaos, Emma gets the chance of a lifetime that she could not possibly turn down- could she? The case is still going on, and their one and only witness, Richard, is in the hospital in a coma. When Emma receives clues that Dan might be in trouble, and they must hurry to solve the case before anything else happens to him.

This book got so many one star and two star reviews, and I will admit that I can see why. If you took away all of the mystery and suspense, you would have the lousiest character development ever and a romance so cheesy that you could eat nachos with it. However, it is my hope that the character development will get a lot better in the next books. For now, I just wanted an interesting and fast paced plot with plenty of twists and turns. I wanted a roller coaster, rushing past at full speed, not stopping to see the sights.

If you like books with good, built up emotion and character development, this book is probably not for you. If you want something light, fast, and mysterious, I suggest you pick it up! Plus, for Amazon customers out there, this book is currently FREE on Kindle. No harm in getting a free book! Drop down in the comments if you do read it and tell me what you think, please!


Note to EVERYONE: 
Please drop a comment with a personal or book related question or fill out the Contact Me Form to the right. I will be answering questions SOON and I don't have very many right now. There is no limit!! Ask whatever you want! Thank you :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...